The woods of Malpie were a good hiding place for the Germans. In spite of heavy bombardments by the allies, the Germans eliminated nine Sherman tanks at once.
The wounded soldiers were brought to a café that was used by the Red Cross. Our travel guide told us that the café is now called ‘t Wit Perd. When the guide was only one year old the name of the café was already changed. This café is nowadays a Dutch pancake restaurant. Lucky for us we knew there was a monument near the café/restaurant, so we were able to find it quiet easily.
At September 11, 1944 this café was a meeting point for the reconnaissance of the XXX Corps.

In this café was a hospital of the Red Cross Monument for the XXX Corps Plaque